Grafana Version 7 Reviewed
Grafana has released 7.0 which has great new features which make building dashboards even easier. The new UI and panels make it easier to navigate and being able to quickly create different visualizations using the same query reduce dashboard development time. Additionally, Grafana has more logic built-in when writing a single query now works across the different visualizations without having to adjust the query.
Grafana 7.0 - https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/guides/whats-new-in-v7-0/
What’s new? A ton!
- New UI
- New Panel Editor (Now side by side tooling on the right side)
- Cloudwatch as default Data provider (most popular cloud provider)
- Auto grid layout
- Inspect panel and export data
- New Panel Editor Redesign based on community feedback.
- Explore New tracing UI and support for visualizing Jaeger and Zipkin traces.
- Enterprise Usage insights, Presence indicator, and Auth improvements.
- Transformations Transformations and simple Math operations for all data sources.
- Field overrides Automatically configure panels with data from queries.
- Table New Table panel.
- Plugins New plugins platform.
- Tutorials New tutorials section.
- Cloudwatch Support for Cloudwatch Logs in Explore and the Logs panel.
- Breaking change PhantomJS removed.
- Time zones Time zone support